3.10.11

last camping trip

Friday afternoon I said to my family: "Let's go camping!" and so we did.
This time we went to the Norfolk Coast stunning seaside, so different from what I was used in Italy.
We pitched our tent in a camping site in Stiffkey (a lovely little village with red bricks and flint houses, narrow streets and antiques shops), just above the salt marshes. 
You can adventure there and after a long walk you'll reach the sea. 
In the late afternoon we went to Holkham beach, where you have to do...guess what? a long walk in the mud before you make it to the amazing sandy beach, quite rewarding I say. 
Back to the tent: a barbecue in the dark, star gazing with a cuppa and a nice sleep with concerto for oboes and trombone (lots of snoring people around, the down side of camping even with a bell tent!). 
The next day we went to Blackney and then followed a route to Wiventon Hall tearoom&farm for raspberry picking and dinner "al fresco", where I had the best Summer pudding of my life, sadly no pictures of the pudding.

Wells beach was our final destination, there was such a wonderful light, I took some photos on film, dunno about the result but that is what I love with film.

Sadly, this, was our last camping trip of the year, unless the weather goes completely crazy and give us more sunshine and hot days...mhhh I doubt it.

Talking about film, please, have a look at my contribution at Nancy's: get it on the neg.



it looks like a land of desolation!
but with the high tide all this area is covered in water.

I try not to use plastic, I'll  keep my plasticized tablecloth for ever, see the horror we are creating.

the tomatoes are the heirloom I planted ages ago, they were delicious.

 in the mud.



These are the kind of raspberry we picked and also the ones used for the summer pudding I ate with gusto. Behind the t-room kitchen hens were roaming free, the eggs come from them for the cakes and delicious food served there. This is my ideal way of living: being able to pick up and grow your own food... a dream.


In Wells, another long walk before you reach the sea.







30 comments:

Séverine said...

what a great week end ! :)
bises et bon lundi

Trula said...

Wow. You finished the camping season in style. The pictures speak of an amazing, adventurous weekend.

naa said...

what a lovely little trip! Thanks for sharing! :)
I hope you're well, I apologize for not commenting much these days, I even missed (don't really know how) some of your posts but I always read them with enthusiasm. I'm sending you many hugs*

Lilli said...

There's so much to take in, I don't know where to begin. Your enthusiasm, your Anita, your tent and non-plastic attitude, your coastline, your raspberries in October - and last (but not least) your shots at 'get it on the neg'. I too love Ilford and used to develope at Ilford paper myself. What bliss. And what bliss 'la casita' is, I hope you keep it up forever.
Much love,
Lilli

fanja said...

Looks like a fine weekend by the sea with nice food. and your pics at' get it on the neg' are just wonderful!

Anita said...

What a charming weekend it must have been! Thanks for showing us this little glimpse.

jane said...

just perfect!

myssja said...

October in summer:-))

Maria said...

I would have been love to be with you ♥
Lovely lovely pictures
xxx

Menthe Blanche said...

What a beautiful light... Your photos reflect a very nice weekend :)

Lollipop said...

it looks like THE perfect weekend ;-)
xxx

P R I M O E Z A said...

such a beautiful landscape, although i admit i would go just for the raspberries.

la casita said...

thank you all, your words always make me happy!
have a good day.

explodingcucumber said...

Holkham is the "what a great spot!"
Maybe we walked past each other last weekend. ;-)

la casita said...

exploding cucumber: NO WAYYY! :D ohhhh, such a shame we didn't bumped into each other. as a matter of fact we went there at around 5pm when most of the folk were leaving and stay there until 6.30ish...i didn't notice a woman doing handstands otherwise i would ask if i could take a pic!

Mary said...

what a perfect weekend to have gone camping :)

explodingcucumber said...

We went to Holkham on Friday and Saturday and to Wells on Sunday. We never manage to leave before sunset and always get to the car park when it's already dark- Yes, it's a long walk but we enjoyed sliding on the mud :-)

It would have been great getting a photo together ;-) We love going to Holkham. It's an annual ritual :-)

It's worth catching a boat in Blackeney Point to go to see the seals on the sand banks. And their little pups are so cute ;-)

la casita said...

M. we were there at the same time! we had fun to slide in the mud too and we stayed until late, even on sunday we were on wells! it was such a beautiful weekend, and the light oh that amazing light, the colours of the sky and the sea. but those beaches are very long, we surely have noticed you doing handstands! pity but hey, next year we will met there. we go often, even in winter and we love to see the seals, we go there every year.

Mlle Sophie said...

i really love your photos!!!

Fen and Ned said...

ALESS!!!!!! Just went over to get it on the neg, SUPERB photos!!!!!

Mamzelle Titoo said...

Thank you for this lovely walk !! ^_^

Arctic Mum said...

Oh, that looks like a nice trip, wish we could do a camping trip here too, but too cold and rainy. Am impressed you brought along all the porcelain for the trip!

la casita said...

Thanks Mlle Sophie, Fen&Ned, Mamzelle Titoo!
Artic Mum, have you seen my link below the photo with the crockery? I swear I'm at war with plastic pollution. I'm gradually changing the bad habits, the things we are taking for oh so granted. Using all the strategies I can to avoid silly packaging, nasty plastic in all its forms. Also I love my crockery!
But most importantly I'm on a crusade: no more plastic in my life(unless is plastic surgery, obviously I'm joking about the last bit ;)
PS: Is with a broken heart that I say that future doesn't look good for our kids and that is because we are creating that future.
PS 2: this is not a lecture, just my point of view.
:)

la casita said...

Thanks Mlle Sophie, Fen&Ned, Mamzelle Titoo!
Artic Mum, have you seen my link below the photo with the crockery? I swear I'm at war with plastic pollution. I'm gradually changing the bad habits, the things we are taking for oh so granted. Using all the strategies I can to avoid silly packaging, nasty plastic in all its forms. Also I love my crockery!
But most importantly I'm on a crusade: no more plastic in my life(unless is plastic surgery, obviously I'm joking about the last bit ;)
PS: Is with a broken heart that I say that future doesn't look good for our kids and that is because we are creating that future.
PS 2: this is not a lecture, just my point of view.
:)

la casita said...

Thank you Artic Mum x

nath said...

I've always fancied Holkham Beach and your pictures are a treat... back to autumn weather now :(

Agnèslamexicaine said...

yes the dream, growing your food... and the dream, your pics!

Louise said...

Oh, how beautiful! These are all the places my family would go for holidays when I was Anita's age :)

mathilda said...

Fall is here now , so I think camping is over for us this year .
I wish to find this dreaming tent for the next spring !
***

NICOMADE said...

oh gosh, these shots are so beautiful. i can't think of anything that looks more picturesque at the moment :)