31.8.12

a bit of this and that

Hello there, hope you are all doing fine, I'm working non stop lately.
I also gave up... hmmm sorry, joined Instagram.  It's quite fun, but I still prefer blogs: I find Instagram too much, too quick and too a bit the same perhaps? I've seen already so many blogs asking if Instagram will take over blogs, I hope not, I find the two things different somehow.
Anyway, said so ;) here an "instagrammed" pic of a quilt I'm working on: it has no pattern, no much measurements taken, it's quite "free flowing" really and I'm enjoying it so much in this way (free of constrictions, and rules). I developed an "allergy" to rules in whatever art (applied or not) after years of -rigid- academic studies in art and painting. My first two years of drawing, in art school, were spent making lines :horizontally, vertically and diagonally.
Anyway...tomorrow I'm going to London to get some fabric to finish it, meet Fanja and a couple of other friends (who are actually the lovely couple that will host the pop up).
It's sunny here and I feel happy and stressed at the same time! :D
Happy friday! 

PS: thank you all for the warm response to the interviews! more to come x

In case you'd like to follow me on instagram: at_knots




11 comments:

Marie said...

Preparations should put you in joy. This will be a great event!
Instagram, yes it is funny but blogs will keep their original appearance and looked, slower ...

la casita said...

Thank you Marie! <3

fanja said...

i'd love to join instagram as soon as i get a decent phone.
the quilt looks perfect for this season, I'm not a fan of rules either x

matilda said...

Instagram over blog..hope not.
I love pictures but I love more words;

enjoy the sun like I am enjoying in the rain (after two loooong months)

la casita said...

thank you Matilda, it's nice to swap weather ocasionally ;) I keep blogging...

la casita said...

Fanja, thanks...I can imagine ;)

Maria said...

I'm always happy when I'm visiting your blogg
xx

cinzia ruggieri said...

I love the quilt,very much and I'm allergic to rules too...

cinzia ruggieri said...

love your quilt and I'm allergic to rules too...

la casita said...

Thank you Maria and Cinzia!
Cinzia, I think I'm allergic to rules in general ;^)

Kylie Hunt said...

Gorgeous work Alessandra! I prefer blogs too - you get the full story and more of a connection. I do still like having instagram, though, to see what peeps are up to ;) Have fun in London (lucky you!). I'm starting to dream of being there again and wake up quite disappointed each morning that I'm not ;) haha Have a great weekend :) Kx