29.8.12

Fanja Ralison of Le Train Fantôme interview

Who are you? 
Hello, I'm Fanja. I was born in France from Madagascan parents and now I live in the English countryside with my partner and our two boys. Working around the characters I have created is what I mostly do whenever I have time to. 
Describe yourself in three words. 
Open-minded, ex-smoker, quiet.
As a child you were?  
Quiet and dreamy, I loved reading and making things, enjoyed the speed of roller skating, had fun playing records with my brother and sister and do crazy dances.
When you wake up in the morning...? 
On a school day, mornings are always a rush and I'm lucky if I can even get a cup of tea. Part of the morning routine is to check the weather forecast before leaving the house.
When you go to sleep...?
I often think I should have gone to bed earlier.
What inspire you?
Inspirations always come unexpectedly, usually a detail that has struck the eyes and that you can't help thinking about.
Your home is? 
Small and full of imperfections but cosy. I like coming back home.
Tell me about your working space.
My working space is all over the place at home. My sewing space is a little corner niched in the kitchen area, it is a nice area filled by lots of natural light and near a big window. I also work on the kitchen table facing another window. Close by is a bureau where the laptop stands, it is good the laptop is out of reach when I do some sewing work so I don't find myself getting distracted by it.
What's your dream? 
Travelling to places I've never been.
The oddest or funny thing you ever did? 
Things I do are usually more embarrassing than funny to me, playing air guitar on stage in a London club many years ago was one of them.
Thank you Fanja.

In occasion of Knots Collective not only you'll find Fanja creations and a selection of vintage pieces hand picked by her, you will also find Fanja in person attending the pop up shop!Yay!

*Photos by Fanja Ralison.
















21 comments:

handmade romance said...

i love the chance this interview gave to find out a little more about the wonderfully creative lady - fanja - who's beautiful work i admire greatly. thank you.

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Thank you, I enjoyed every single comma, every single pixel.

Jenni said...

Thanks again Alessandra for the special chance to see the Beautiful Fanja. My admiration for her & her works is forever growing :))))

naa said...

Oh I love her work! Great interview!

Cathy Cullis said...

OH so lovely to read - and a delight to see such beautiful photographs. It is nice to get to know Fanja a little more, I have admired her dollmaking and creativity for several years now.

at swim-two-birds said...

hello Fanja!
so nice to meet you here; love the interview :^)

misako mimoko said...

Thanks for this lovely interview!!
Happy to know a little more about Fanja!
I'm fan :)

Mr. Spoqui said...

Kaylovesvintage said...

fanja you are so pretty.
love your work

Séverine said...

i love the person, the maker and her rich, delicate, sensitive world, thanks Alessandra for this itw, we discover a little bit more about her :)

JULIE ♥ ADORE said...

je suis ravie d'apprendre en peu plus sur le Train fantôme mais surtout y mettre un visage :)

La Rimule said...

Oh Fanja en photo !
Message pro : quand je te vois comme ça Fanja, je me dis que tu me manques ! So long sans te voir !

Laëtitia said...

Chouette interview ! je découvre avec plaisir un oeu plus de chaque participante ... merci Alessandra ! j'espère que je pourrai être des vôtres au pop-up les filles ;-)

Anna Emilia said...

This all is just perfect, even you mention those imperfections (:

Sunny greetings!

ilovesasek said...

I've just been lead to your wonderful blog via Hermine van Dyck's blog. I'm in love. I can't believe that I haven't come across it sooner. Thank you for sharing such beauty! I'm so sad that I won't be able to see your pop-up shop in person... some day!!!

olga inoue said...

i am in love with this
three last photos
beautiful

fanja said...

Hello everyone, thank you very much for your words, it makes me very happy to read you all.
thanks again Al! xx

la casita said...

Hello all, thank you so much for your support, it's a pleasure to read your words!

Ilovesasek, hi and welcome! thank you :)

Fanja, my pleasure, thank you!!!
x

Hermine said...

Lovely !!

I'm thinking about making a day-trip to London to visit the shop. :-) If the tickets are payable :-)

la casita said...

Hermine, that would be great! x

Virgínia said...

Loved every word :)